1. TineX avatar

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM, TineX said:

cdu - yeah, it's propably that. And also - they are now older, they have other feelings and music interests. It's normal they need new direction.

2. MissKorn avatar

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:32 AM, MissKorn said:

thank you all for your interesting comments in response to mine ;)

3. cdu avatar

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM, cdu said:

Yeah - TPOT is honest and awesome, it is really ground breaking.

I think the problem with Korn III (and this is just my opinion), they tried to make an old school Korn album without Head. Yes, I'm in the group that wants Head back, but honestly, he was such an important song writing influence back on the first 5 albums. You can't make old school Korn without Head. To a lesser extent Silveria's drumming was a factor too, however Luzier fills that roll really well.

That is probably why TPOT is so good, they have gone in a new direction even though they are HEADless (ha ha, get it)

4. TineX avatar

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM, TineX said:

"honestly ..I don't like all the songs from this album. Especially the ones when JD scream or cry....it make me think of the first Korn's LP. That one was honest and true to me, i mean when JD cry or scream it sound real, his story and all the shit he has inside him, get out through this album.
    And what I don't like in III , it's sounds like of copy. It doesn't sound true to me....(maybe it is ?)..." - TRUE THAT! That's why I like TPOT more than III - TPOT is at least honest...

5. cdu avatar

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM, cdu said:

I have to admit I really dislike the cover of Korn "untitled" because always reminds me of bird road kill for some reason.

Korn III was supposed to be Korn going back to their roots, your comments are interesting to me.

6. Big Shark avatar

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Big Shark said:

Yay, I'm so glad someone mentioned Untitled! I completely agree with both of your opinions, I enjoyed Korn III for its complexity and Korn'ness and what not but, because they were trying to do it for fans who I didn't consider real fans, I was uncomfortable with it at the same time.
    Untitled on the other hand is one of my favorite albums, but it's one of Korns more awkward works. Here's my hypothesis, see I didn't really enjoy it at first either along with a lot of other Korn fans, but one day I just listened to the entire album not THINKING it was a Korn album, just listening, and I loved it! The thing is, it's awkward because it doesn't sound like Korn, so some Korn fans didn't like it, and at the same time it was Korn so a lot of people that would like it didn't even listen because they had expectations it would be really heavy/screaming/etc. So, my idea is, if you gave somebody this album and said it was a completely new band and they listened to it they'd probably consider it to be the hottest new band out there. It's an AMAZING album that was kind of released at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    That's my opinion at least! Thanks for listening to my rant :P!