1. Untouchable1989 avatar

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Untouchable1989 said:

Korn I would love for you guys to come play in New York City at the Apollo theatre again.....if not there
    ..it would be even better if you guys played at Yankee stadium in the Bronx New York...please guys...we need it out here.

2. cdu avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM, cdu said:

Well Australian schools also don't teach financial literacy very well, we have that in common.

3. hylianux avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM, hylianux said:

short story long: get college done as quickly as possible, and you'll have a document that'll keep you employed for the rest of your life. just suffer for a couple years now while your mind can still handle it.

4. hylianux avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:09 PM, hylianux said:

The learning is a complete joke. I never learned anything worthwhile, like which documents to save for my taxes, budgeting, how to do my taxes, the process of signing a lease on an apartment, building credit, or the process of purchasing a house. I also never learned anything about work ethic, or office etiquette. Everything was more about world history, writing haikus and poetry (rather than writing technical documents or process flows), reports, or mathematics. I never got the sense that I learned a damn thing from high school because of how much I struggled with all of the real-world stuff. instead, i was urged to join groups to learn it.

i'm starting to think it's the rich's way of keeping people dumb so nobody bothers to figure anything out to become useful. Keep the poor dumb so the rich can stay rich. That's my theory at least... Doesn't matter, because I don't think there's any explanation good enough.

Classes in college aren't even worthwhile... It's just something to waste money on for a certificate of scholastic achievement that companies use as a way of cheap screening... it's a common misconception that a college education makes a better worker. I've met tons of people with bachelor's, master's, even doctorate's that still can't do simple things like spell "definite" or come up with a quick, effective, and efficient solution to even the most simplest of problems.

the best part is that if you took a computer course today, the same credit would transfer in 30 years from now. right... like computers don't vastly change in 5 years, let alone 30.

5. hylianux avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:08 PM, hylianux said:

In America, government-run high schools pretty much gather a bunch of students at once into a tiny place and spread out a bunch of learning from the teachers. They gather all kinds of students, thus many allowances must be made. There is a huge urging of social engagement with groups (e.g. the chess club, the sports team, the theater club, etc.). The problem is these groups gather a certain cultural group within them that pretty much control the whole thing... enough to the point where joining a group means joining that particular crowd, and vice versa.

6. cdu avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM, cdu said:

Here in Aus I guess we have a little bit more discipline from teachers, the whole "try to fit in" thing was a part of school but never overshadowed the fact that high school is a place of learning to help you better yourself and get an education. School uniforms are compulsory in all schools, maybe that helped foster a sense of community and equality. Yes there was some bullying and "cool groups" but never to the same degree as what I read above and what is put out on American TV shows. Could also be due to smaller class sizes and better paid teachers. If you have problems at school here you can change pretty easily too. Schools is hard work but you are better for it by the end.

7. Wind Dancer avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Wind Dancer said:

You are awesome-Real and truthful, much wisdom! I enjoy reading your blogs. I always shake my head in agreement or say to myself that is me-the loner child who still walks alone. (I so loved your last post-I did not have time to reply before it was history in the pages, did not want to go back)

Do not feel left out, I am an idiot who made all the mistakes too!

Cheers!

Callie

8. Big Shark avatar

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Big Shark said:

I wish someone had told me this when I started high school.