1. hylianux avatar

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM, hylianux said:

oh please, don't think i'm trying to attack the song... it's just i stumbled across all the truth behind these things and was shocked... and then i looked back at the song like "what do you have to say for yourself?"...

all it did was bang its head :D

2. Faust avatar

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Faust said:

Sorry for leaving two comments that are essentially the same thing. I thought that the first one did not get posted so's I wrote another version, then when I posted it, the first one miraculously appeared. Whoopsy.

3. Faust avatar

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Faust said:

The lyrics are based on what JD thought the meanings to the rhymes are. It was not as easy to reaserch things as easy as we can now back then when the lyrics were written.
    I personnaly thought that Ring Around the Rosies was about the plague until I saw your research and investigated it for myself, and I'm sure that JD thought so too, because I have heard him say it in interviews and what not. So, whether or not JD's lyrics are accurate to what the rhyme's "Meanings" are, the song still means what it means because that's what JD wanted it to mean. QED.

4. Faust avatar

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Faust said:

I'm pretty sure that JD thought at the time that he thought that the lyrics had an especially dark connitation. Perhaps he did not know the "meaning" these nursery rhymes like you do. Remember that there wasn't really an internet where one could just go reserch things as easily as we can now. I personally thought that Ring Around the Rosies was about the plague until you pointed out that it may not be. And I'm pretty sure that JD did, too, because I have seen and heard him say it in a few interviews. So, whether or not the Rhymes "mean" what you think they do, that does not matter because JD wrote the lyrics and he felt they had dark meanings. QED.

5. eva avatar

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM, eva said:

I think people should just get what they get out of a song. If they think it means something, then that's what they think. Jon even said in a 1995 interview that the reason he doesn't include lyrics in the CD booklet is because he wants the listener to find their own meaning. That's too much research for one song anyways.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM, jayjay said:

Oh yeh,blabla black-sheep has nothing to do with being black,or white? its the odd one out,like the kid that they never paid attention to..

7. MindFreakOnALeashBlakelyRachelle avatar

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM, MindFreakOnALeashBlakelyRachelle said:

eh well, i still love it. and the meaning is obvious anyways.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM, jayjay said:

Wow some ones done there home work? seem to be all very english,i remember my mum telling me some thing on the lines of what your saying?some of them are some thing to do with mind controll,there like triggers wich set some people off to this very day(serch on you tube for megawatt1066.& you will see what i mean.) good stuff by the way.=)

9. Anomaly avatar

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Anomaly said:

Meh - I don't think they knew at the time. Although it doesn't make the intentions less sinister.