1. DerdriueBurden avatar

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:36 PM, DerdriueBurden said:

I've been listening to KoRn since before I was born, my parents were all into KoRn (ecspecially Slayer) and would always blast the stereo, they said i would always start kicking to the songs and stuff. When i was about 2-7 we would always go to Glamus or Gordons Well (In Arizonia), my dad has a huge truck with a killer stereo system, and just blast KoRn, Slayer, Fear Factory, S.O.A.D and so much more. The album he mainly played was 'Untouchables' so yeah thats my first KoRn experience(s).

2. xpandora88x avatar

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM, xpandora88x said:

JPrice191, I wish I got to see them back in the late 90's, like at the Family Values tour for instance, but I think I was too young to go at the time. I think that's why I couldn't go. =/ But I've been to a couple of their shows myself over the years. I was 12 when I first saw them live back in 2000 (they were my second concert I went to back in the day). In fact, I actually went to the same tour you did! I saw them last month too, but at The Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ (I wrote a little about it in my first blog, if you care to check it out. =] ). The fact that I saw them in a long time, WITH the return of Head, was top of the icing! One of the best shows EVER! They definitely haven't lost their step at all, and damn, I have sorely missed them. I hope they go on tour again soon, I must see them again!!!

3. JPrice191 avatar

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM, JPrice191 said:

same here girl, been Listening to Korn since 97'... and been to 7 shows.. first time i saw them was 1998 at the Family Values tour in Pittsburgh, Pa.. in fact, i just saw them Last Month in Pittsburgh, Heads First Show back, and they haven't Lost a Step!!!

4. xpandora88x avatar

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM, xpandora88x said:

MontezCrow, that's great! "Here to Stay" is such an incredible song, and the video to it is just wow! Love the "Untouchables" album! My parents allowed me to listen to whatever I wanted (and they're old school lol), which I think most parents today wouldn't let their kid listen to whatever they wanted to. I think it's a shame because I feel like these kids are missing out on great rock and metal tunes. I did the same thing, I would take a Korn CD with me to school all the time and play the hell out of it on my CD player during lunch, and I was either listening to Korn by myself or my best friend and I would share headphones lol. One week was "Issues" and the next was "Take a Look in the Mirror" then was their self-titled album, etc. Those were definitely the good old days! I know that obsession very well. To this day I'm still obsessed with Korn and I've gotten more and more involved with the fandom as I got older. Same here, I have all their albums, DVDs, shirts and posters and other memorabilia, and I've seen them live a few times since I was 12. Hell yeah best band in the world! Thank goodness for radio (at the time) since my local radio station helped me discovery Korn, even though the station is no longer on the air. Which sucks! They got replaced by crap! It's just like another radio station out there now, and I have no rock/metal radio station to listen to whenever I'm in the mood to listen to the radio!

I was really little at the time, so I can't REALLY beat myself up for this, but before Korn and other rock/metal bands, I was into.... God help me lol... The Spice Girls and The Backstreet Boys and I didn't really listen to much else LOL. So, I feel your pain in a way. I wonder how I went from THAT to rock/metal bands as a little kid? Lol. I think the way I see it, since I can't really remember because I was too young to recall, is that I checked it out and was probably like, "holy shit, this type of music is AWESOME! Fuck the crap I was listening to!" LOL.

5. xpandora88x avatar

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM, xpandora88x said:

Silent Metal, personally, it doesn't matter how long you've been a fan, its the fact that you are one! =] I've always loved Slipknot and Disturbed as well, but nothing beats Korn. They bring their own sound to the table and it makes them stand out from every other band out there, and I love that!

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:08 AM, jayjay said:

The first time I got in to KORN was when I was at my mum & dads, They had sky dish with all stations around the world, & put it on the rock channel SCUZZ & seen "freak on a leash", I was like ,fuck I thought rock was dead, But how wrong was I! So I got "follow the leader" and rest is history.=)

7. Aurelia avatar

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM, Aurelia said:

I was 8 years old. Was coming home from school. I remember that this day really sucked til....I heard KoRn the first time with "blind"! Any radio station (don't know which one anymore) played the song and it was just like "wtf? This band's awesome!" Since then I'm a child of the KoRn.

8. MontezCrow avatar

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM, MontezCrow said:

It was in 2002. A little after Untouchables had released, I remember sitting up in my living room watching 'Control Freak' on Mtv, when it was still decent, and the video for 'Here To Stay' came on! As soon as it started I was immediately drawn into this band; my mind was like seriously blown! I just remember telling myself in my head you have to hear this song again lol! So, as any typical 12 year old would do....I asked my parents if I could get the new KoRn record lol! A few days later I'm in my room just rocking out to Untouchables; gah there's nothing like hearing KoRn for the first time! And to this day that is still my favorite KoRn album! I remember taking the CD to school telling all my friends about it lol, those were the good old days! So then I started to get more and more into them, when I finally wore untouchables out I started to get their older releases and my fandom just grew from there; now I'm obsessed! I have all their albums, I've seen them live, I collect all kinds of KoRny stuff, so glad I discovered these guys! BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!

Also KoRn were the band that got me into 'heavier' music; before I was really into Rap, Country (lmao), and some rock; the heaviest band I believe I listened to back in my youth was 'The Offspring' lol, so yeah I thank KoRn for introducing me to the 'heavier' stuff and making me a true metal head! \nn/

9. Marlon RockoRner Cifuentes Lopez avatar

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Marlon RockoRner Cifuentes Lopez said:

Im glad to heard how proudly KoRn as you are! well me when i listen for the first time KoRn it was at since 98s cause in this year came out Follow the Leader Album! and i heard Freak On a Leash song and i said woow that is awesome song its just like click in my own in this moment i become KoRn fan for the first time in my fucking life! ones of my beautiful experience on my hole life! i love them all the time i never tired for heard them! KoRn 4 life no matter what!!!!

10. Silent Metal avatar

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Silent Metal said:

First song i ever heard was 'Right Now' from TALITM so I didn't hear of Korn as early as most other fans, but i instantly liked what i heard and had to have more, i have steadily been aquiring all their albums since then and i now have them all including all their bonus tracks. I was already obsessed with metal loving Disturbed and Slipnot but Korn added a fresh dimention for me.